SAIC Benefits Information
My SAIC Benefits Web Site
The My SAIC Benefits web site is designed to provide employees and their families with important information and provide forms about available benefit plans, including:
Life Events Guide
Benefits and options that may be available when experiencing a major life event like getting married, having a new child, or becoming disabled.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The FAQ provide information on eligibility, coverage, cost of coverage, and enrollment.
SAIC offers eligible employees comprehensive medical coverage through several preferred provider organization medical plans.
SAIC offers PPO and HMO dental plans.
Participants may elect coverage for themselves and their families under a vision plan.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Save money by paying for eligible health care and/or dependent day care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D Insurance)
SAIC offers several types of financial protection for participants and their families if they were to die or be injured in an accident.
This program is designed to provide income in the event a participant becomes ill or disabled and is unable to work for an extended period of time.
About Benefit Election Changes
Benefits elections are made by employees at the time of hire (or as they become eligible), and during the Annual Enrollment period.
Employees can make changes to benefits for the current benefit plan year (outside of Annual Enrollment) such as to add or drop a dependent if they have experienced a qualified life event change. Employees should contact the Shared Services Center HR at 866-955-SAIC (7242), option 3 or email@example.com and a benefits specialist will explain the process based on what change is required.
Please note, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations require that enrollment elections must remain in effect for the entire plan year unless you experience a qualified life event change.
You have 31 days from the date of a life event change to modify your elections without waiting until the next Annual Enrollment period.
Life Event/Qualified Status Change Events
Gaining or losing a spouse or dependent due to any of these events:
- Divorce, separation or annulment
- Birth, adoption, or legal guardianship of a dependent
- Death of a dependent or spouse
- A child losing eligibility for coverage (attaining age 26)
If your spouse, your dependent(s) or you:
- Change employment status (termination, commencement),
- Change work schedule (reduction in hours of employment),
- Change residence or work site that affects a service area,
- Have to pay an increased amount for benefits mid-year as a result of a health care plan increase,
- Become eligible for COBRA or
- Become entitled to Medicare or Medicaid (MediCal in California).
- Receive an issuance of a family relations judgment (a court order that may require you to provide your children with medical benefits, even if they are not in your custody).