SAIC Intern Program
Your degree is the start of a new career. For students and recent graduates alike, we offer career opportunities that challenge you from day one. Discover what awaits you at SAIC.
SAIC Intern Program
Participate as an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral candidate. Gain valuable experience while working on a variety of initiatives, from engineering, scientific, and technical programs to commercial projects around the world.
Intern positions are paid and provide the opportunity to work on important customer or internal projects
Internship and co-op opportunities are available year-round, with the majority taking place during the summer months
Internships are offered in several locations across our company
Professional Development Seminars
SAIC also offers intern professional development seminars that cover a variety of topics, including personal finances, presentation skills, and resume workshops.
View our internship opportunities and submit your resume for any that interest you.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- A major in a discipline relevant to our business (engineering, computer science, finance, accounting, political science, security, intelligence studies, or related field)
- Demonstrated leadership experience through community or campus involvement
As a Participant, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Work on projects that impact our nation and the world
- Learn from some of the industry's smartest technical, scientific, and business professionals
- Meet other interns from a variety of backgrounds and programs
- Participate in an Intern Summit, a professional development seminar designed specifically for interns
- Receive holiday pay for up to 3 holidays during your internship
- Purchase discounted SAIC stock through our Stock Purchase Program
Rodger, a mechanical engineering student, worked on a Research and Development (R&D) project to create a three-dimensional global positioning system (GPS). The result was a device that enabled users to navigate GIS terrain and receive detailed, data-friendly, 3-D views of the landscape.
Christine, a political science major, worked on a proposal: a white paper on immersive worlds (three-dimensional online virtual environments). She also contributed to marketing materials for an SAIC technical expo.
Making an Impact Beyond the Workplace
Each summer, our interns across the country participate in a community service project. In 2008, they participated in the non-profit program: "Tunes 4 the Troops." The goal was to collect new and used CDs and DVDs to send to military men and women who are serving overseas. They succeeded by sending over 3,000 items!