SAIC offers comprehensive solutions in all phases of the Defense Acquisition System, the Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS), and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process through the commercial enterprise omnibus support services contract in the Engineering and Scientific Domains.
SAIC's services include:
- Portfolio management
- Program and project management
- Systems engineering
- Technology management
- Enterprise architecture
- Financial management
Support for the Entire System Lifecycle
Through collaborative employment of these disciplines, SAIC supports the entire system lifecycle. Our full lifecycle capabilities are evidenced by the fact that the SAIC team administering this contract has been independently appraised by the Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) Software Engineering Institute (SEI) as CMMI-DEV v1.3 ML3.
A Record of Successful Support to the USMC
SAIC has demonstrated successful performance supporting the United States Marine Corps.
Here is a list of contracts performed under CEOss to date:
|Prime Contracts||CEOss Domains|
|AFSS SBT Support||ES|
|Capabilities Based Assessments||ES|
|Embedded Platform Logistics System (EPLS) Program Support||ES|
|Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) Program Support||ES|
|MCCDC Operational Architecture Support||ES|
|Very Shallow Water Mine Counter Measures||ES|
|Subcontractor Support||CEOss Domains|
|Command Safety Support||SE|
|Corporate Communications Directorate Support||ALA|
|MC2I SBT Support||BA|
|MC2S Annual Engineering Support||ES|
|PM CBRN Defense Systems Service ALA Support OP||ALA|
|PM MRAP Program Office Support||ALA|
Strategically Located Conference and Meeting Support
SAIC maintains two office spaces in the Quantico, Va., area: one in Stafford and one in Dumfries. Between these two locations, SAIC offers seven large conference rooms to support local meetings with it largest capable of supporting over 80 attendees.
In addition to our Quantico vicinity facilities, SAIC has facilities near each of the external areas required by CEOss including: MCLB Albany, Ga.; PM Training Systems (TRASYS) at Orlando, Fla.; Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity (MCTSSA) at Camp Pendleton, Calif.; and MCLB Barstow, Calif. Additionally, SAIC has personnel and facilities at each of the major Marine Corps locations including: Camp Lejeune, N.C.; Camp Pendleton, Calif.; Okinawa, Japan; Hawaii; Yuma, Ariz.; and 29 Palms, Calif.
Terms and Conditions
CEOss is most frequently used by the United States Marine Corps, specifically Marine Corps Systems Command, Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) and Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC) through coordination with ACSS. Further information on the CEOss program and guidance for participation by companies can be found on the Acquisition Center for Support Services web site.
The CEOss business model currently ties together 1,300 government customers across 24 technical offices with a vendor pool of 27 prime firms and over 150 participating firms. CEOss operates under a defined set of business rules, predicated upon competitive sourcing, in conjunction with a back office suite of estimating tools, document generators, and invoice management features residing on an enterprise web portal known as the Enterprise Procurement Portal (eP2).
Request for Quote Process
A customer submits a SOW to the ACSS. ACSS will create a Draft Request for Quotation (DRFQ) and post the opportunity to a specific domain using their web portal, eP2. Each prime has five business days to contact the project officer to conduct a due diligence meeting or post questions to eP2. The prime must request the Final RFQ (FRFQ) NLT 1430 on the 5th day to indicate their intent to bid. The FRFQ is released that afternoon and primes have five additional business days to prepare a proposal. On Day 10, the business and technical proposal is posted to eP2 along with the pricing. Then the proposal goes through ACSS and Source Selection Evaluation. When a winner has been selected, the status of the task order will be changed in eP2 and an email will be sent out to announce the winner. Primes that were not awarded the task order have the opportunity to receive feedback on their proposal in the form of a telephone debrief from a member of the ACSS team.
- Engineering and Scientific (ES) - SAIC is a Prime Contractor - This domain includes, but is not limited to: Strategic planning for technology programs, technical studies and analysis, technology assessments, risk analysis and recommendations, safety and environmental analysis, logistics engineering assessments, specification development, acquisition engineering, process assessments, design trades and cost benefit analysis, training and human factors support, concept development/requirements analysis, combat systems engineering assessments, documentation/reports/plans, IPT support and PGD advisory assistance, commodity-specific engineering support, modeling and simulation support, test and evaluation support, independent engineering assessments, integration of systems/subsystems, life cycle support analysis, other systems engineering activities.
- Acquisition, Logistics and Administrative (ALA) - SAIC is a Subcontractor - This domain includes, but is not limited to: program management support, business/technical studies and analysis, complex business assessments, risk analysis and recommendations, logistics trades and cost benefit analysis, training services and course development, general administrative support, distribution and transportation analysis, supply chain management, analytical support for MCSC programs, procurement planning and support, documentation/reports/plans, IPT support and PGD advisory assistance, life cycle support analysis, modeling and simulation support, acquisition logistics, logistics training and business management and improvement services.
- Business and Analytical (BA) - SAIC is a Subcontractor - This domain includes, but is not limited to: program management support, business/technical studies and analysis, complex business assessments, risk analysis and recommendations, design trades and cost benefit analysis, training services and course development, financial and cost analysis, business management improvement, on-site instruction and facilitator services, analytical support for MCSC programs, procurement planning and support, documentation/plans/reports, IPT support and PGD advisory assistance, life cycle support analysis, modeling and simulation support, audit services, consulting services and other business and analytical services.
- Specialty Engineering (SE) - SAIC is a Subcontractor - This domain includes, but is not limited to: Specialized Information Technology services and software development, specialized technical studies and analysis, technology assessments, risk analysis and recommendations, safety and environmental analysis, logistics engineering assessments, specification development, laboratory testing and analysis, process assessments, design trades and cost benefit analysis, emerging technology assessments and specialized engineering, combat systems engineering assessments, documentation/reports/plans, IPT support and PGD advisory assistance, commodity-specific engineering support, modeling and simulation support, test and evaluation support, independent engineering assessments, integration of systems/subsystems, other specialty engineering services.
The SAIC Team is made up of proven industry members. Many are already working on Marine Corps Systems Command tasks as incumbents; others are engaged elsewhere in the Marine Corps or DoD addressing challenging, technical acquisition program needs.
- II Corps Consultants, Inc.
- A-T Solutions Inc.
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Catapult Consultants
- Epsilon Inc.
- Fulcum Corporation
- IM Solutions, LLC
- Innovative Decisions Inc.
- Innovation Reasoning, LLC
- Impact Resources
- J.M. Waller Associates, Inc.
- Kratos Defense and Security Solutions
- L-3 Communications
- Lockheed Martin
- Mantech International Corporation
- Martin James & Associates, LLC
- MCR Federal
- Nevada Automotive Test Center
- Phillips Defense Solutions Inc.
- RNB Technologies, Inc.
- RoundTable Defense, LLC
- Saint Security Services, LLC
- Spearpoint Associates, LLC
- SRA International Inc.
- Survice Engineering Company
- Technology Associates International Corporation
- The Columbia Group
- Vickers Nolan Enterprises, LLC
- Web Business Solutions Inc.
CEOss Program Manager
CEOss Deputy Program Manager
Senior Contracts Representative
Senior Subcontracts Administrator