Security on and off the battlefield.
Support for the entire intelligence life cycle.
Security requires constant vigilance on multiple channels. SAIC is a leader in the integration of technology, systems, and operational solutions across a number of intelligence disciplines in all domains—air, land, sea, space, and cyberspace—to deliver full-spectrum mission performance.
SAIC offers a wide range of security solutions:
- Surveillance and reconnaissance
- Intelligence systems
- Mission support
A Full Range of Security
From products and services that promote situational awareness, command and control and remote system operation to sensors, analytics and tracking, SAIC has a full range of security services.
Overcome complex engineering challenges.
SAIC scientists and engineers have delivered innovative solutions to address the difficult issues surrounding national security, including the successful launch of the Commercially Hosted Infrared Payload sensor into space. The sensor added wide field-of-view staring technology to the Air Force’s warning, defense and awareness missions.
Support full-spectrum operations in real time
SAIC’s Pursuit and Exploitation system offers decision-making information to U.S. Army commanders at the edge, giving them greater visibility into their operations. Timely, relevant intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) can set the conditions for improved situational awareness.
Full range of products and services
SAIC offer a full range of products and services from the collection of vital information, to the processing of data into intelligence products and the use of these products in support of national and military intelligence agencies, as well as other federal and civilian customers within the national security arena.
Benefit from extensive security and surveillance expertise.
SAIC has what you need to be aware and prepared. Using our experience in technology integration and security scenarios we have you need.
Detect and manage threats wherever they are.
SAIC's Integrated Surveillance & Security Solution (IS3) is a tailored system of domain awareness sensors that connect to a Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) system to offer sensor management, assessment, situational display, data fusion, and decision support.
IS3 provides in-depth facility defense for coastal and border surveillance, pipelines, dams, bridges, ports, law enforcement, chemical and power plants, and airports with some specific capabilities, such as it:
- Monitors facility environment—domain awareness
- Integrates data from all sensors
- Detects potential threats
- Tracks threats and anticipates response needed
- Provides facility security managers with tools and information to assess threats and maintain situational awareness through multiple layers of sensors and rule-based PSIM
- Fully supports incident management and stakeholder collaboration
IS3 automatically interrogates and manages multiple sensors and detection zones, and provides automated alerts, and alarms for detected vessels, vehicles, and personnel so the best assessment can be made. The system uses business rules suited to each facility to implement standard operating procedures.
- Provides facility managers with the information needed to understand their environment and potential threats
- Provides information automatically without dependence solely on a watch team by defining zones of interest, alarm priority, and response rules.
- Automatically warns and provides tools to manage the incident (based on rules unique to your facility).
- Minimizes false alarms and provide visual confirmation prior to committing to a response.
- Provides local and regional connectivity and collaboration.
- SAIC is a leading technology integrator providing full life-cycle services and solutions in technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology markets.
- We serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other additional U.S. Government civil agencies, and selected commercial markets.
Discover how IS3 provides facility security managers with the tools and information they need to assess threats and maintain situational awareness.
Know what's out there wherever you are.
SAIC has developed a series of mobile command center (MCC) products designed for both maritime and land-based surveillance and security applications. The command centers used in conjunction with any combination of SAIC portable surveillance systems (PSS) or surveillance trailer systems (STS) can be used to provide an integrated surveillance solution for a wide area of coverage. Some typical deployments include:
- Integrated Surveillance & Security Solution (IS3): The IS3 incorporates a sensor trailer with a mobile command center. The sensor trailer includes an X-Band radar, color and thermal IR cameras on a pan/tilt assembly, as well as a domed color camera system. Data is sent via a wireless network from one or more sensor trailers to the command center trailer where the data is tied together and displayed in a common operating picture (COP).
- Gulf Port Mobile Command Center: This system deploys a camera as its main sensor. The system uses an existing Very Small Aperture Terminal network and incorporates IP phones, 800 MHz radios, UHF/VHF radios that are connected through a radio console, and a satellite phone for communications. It also includes a CCTV satellite TV receiver.
- Mobile Inshore Undersea Command System: The system incorporates a trailer sensor platform with an X-Band radar and color and thermal IR cameras on a pan/tilt assembly. Data from up to four trailer sensor platforms is sent back to the command center via microwave systems and processed into a single COP at the command center. This system could receive sensor input from many other sensors, including underwater sensor systems. The mobile command center has incorporated a communications central platform, which provides communications on many common U.S. military communications systems.
- Family of Integrated Rapid Response Equipment (FIRRE) Command and Control Station Shelter: FIRRE is a two-person command and control center built into a 788 shelter on the back of a HMMWV™. The C2 center has been designed to wirelessly control a series of robotic vehicles and contains various communications platforms integrated into the shelter.
- Provides for integrated Information sharing, regional collaboration, and incident management.
- Greater awareness of the situation for stronger decision-making and understanding of possible outcomes through AIS vessel tracking, Blue Force Tracing and GIS Display.
- Control of access, radar detection and tracking, slew to cue and video management.
- A nationally recognized leader in public safety and homeland security, SAIC draws on thousands of experienced staff members in disciplines ranging from vulnerability assessment to infrastructure protection to emergency response.
- We have extensive experience with the component agencies of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and have worked hand in hand with our agency customers to meet their important training, technical, and strategic requirements.
- Our success in integrating many different agency systems and networks is a key reason why we were chosen to integrate the data network connecting all 22 agencies of the DHS.
Learn more about SAIC’s Mobile Command Center family of products.
Be aware of your situation under almost any conditions.
The SAIC Security Management System (SMS) is an advanced perimeter security software package that features built-in support for radar systems and infrared imaging technologies. Full Global Positioning System (GPS) support provides real-time positional awareness of radar-monitored objects on customizable site maps.
SMS can be used in a number of different environments, such as:
- Military base perimeter security
- Airfield security
- Corporate offices
- Correctional facilities
- Industrial sites
- Warehouses and factories
- Retail and malls
- Colleges and universities
The Security Management System uses cameras and radars that can be snapped to their real coordinates on GPS-aligned maps. You can monitor the real-time position of radar tracks and GPS-enabled mobile resources on customizable site maps and control infrared thermal cameras to follow moving objects in the dark. SMS allows you to view infrared video while toggling between infrared and visible imagery, switching video polarity, illuminating distant objects with an integrated spotlight, and tracking moving objects.
- The SAIC Security Management System supports client-to-server, client-to-multiple servers, and server-to-server control and monitoring of radar detection, surveillance, ITS (intelligent transportation systems) and GPS equipment via both analog and Internet Protocol (IP) connections.
- The three main system components—servers, clients, and device drivers—can all reside on the same PC, or on separate PCs connected over an IP network.
- SMS gives you with the ability to control virtually any number and combination of analog and IP devices from different manufacturers with point-and-click simplicity.
- SAIC has outstanding experience in securing information networks, protecting physical facilities, and helping ensure business continuity.
- SAIC has provided highly skilled network security support to the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command System Center in San Diego and its 20,000+ device wide-area networks.
- For the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, we help protect 252 dam sites and major hydropower generation plants across the western U.S., including the Hoover, Grand Coulee, and Glen Canyon dams.
SAIC's portable surveillance system family of products are easily deployable, man-portable, advanced technology visual, thermal, and radar detection systems. The Portable Surveillance System (PSS), wireless PSS, and Enhanced Mobile Surveillance System (EMSS) are designed to enhance waterfront or perimeter security on oil-drilling platforms and other remote sites.
The PSS consists of a man-portable, tripod-like mast, which supports a thermal imaging camera with an integral color video camera plus surface radar. The uncooled thermal camera, which requires no light to operate, creates a clear image of surrounding threats or other objects in all weather conditions.
The system offers some clear advantages and capabilities:
- Easily deployable, man-portable
- Visual, thermal, and radar detection
- Marine band radio, GPS receiver
- Heavy duty pan/tilt unit
- Wireless capability
- EMSS enhancements
The PSS suite provides you with a number of options:
- C3 command center
- GPS position data
- Allows multiple wireless PSS stations
- Optional object tracking and perimeter alarms
- Marine Radar
- X-band radar
- Four-foot open array antenna
- Power output: 6KW
- Automatic GST (gain, sea clutter, tuning) receiver
- Target or echo trails with selectable time intervals
- Commercially popular SD chart/memory card format
- Full compatibility with C-Map NT MAX charts
- Enhanced graphics with 256-color full VGA presentations
- 100 target AIS display with I/F module and external AIS Rx (OPTION)
- Vessel Position Display in L/L or Loran-C TDs
- North-up, course-up or automatic course-up display modes
- Camera / Pan & Tilt
- Medium-range, day/night color and thermal camera systems
- Heavy duty pan/tilt unit
- Uncooled micro bolometer detector, 8-14 micron spectrum
- 320 x 240 amorphous silicon detector
- 100mm lens on thermal camera
- 35x optical zoom lens on day/night camera
- Electronic image stabilization
- Sealed and pressurized enclosures
- High-resolution 17" LCD Monitor to display radar image
- Dual 8.4" LCD monitor for color and thermal cameras
- Backlight for daylight-readable level of brightness
- Video Tracking Control Unit (VTCU)
- Receives radar data and points the camera at selected radar target
- Displays estimated range, course, and speed of tracking object
- Automatically directs camera to selected AIS tracking target (OPTION)
- Handles up to 99 radar and/or AIS tracks
- Advanced video-tracking techniques to zoom in and precisely track distant boats
- 35-feet height
- Wind survival up to 120 mph (guyed)
- The high portability and ease of setup of the PSS allow it to be either stationary or moved from site to site.
- Location can be based upon changing threat data to provide the optimum perimeter security in protecting high-value assets.
- SAIC has a heritage in surveillance and security systems to meet customer needs ranging from deployed armed forces to maritime and land surveillance and security applications.
Learn how PSS and EMSS enhance waterfront or perimeter security.
Manage the demands of the terrain.
The Surveillance Trailer Systems (STS) are installed on various mast systems mounted on rugged, heavy-duty leveled and stabilized trailers. They utilize rugged, proven trailers with locking pneumatic mast systems in order to deploy various payloads designed to meet customer-specific surveillance requirements. Thermal and visual camera images are integrated (or used as stand-alone) with land -or sea-based radar systems to provide advanced surveillance and security solutions.
STS offers a number of features:
- Dual pan-and-tilt platforms
- Color day/night video camera with electronic image stabilization
- Infrared thermal or infrared illuminated camera
- Rugged, heavy-duty leveled and stabilized trailer
- Designed for both maritime and land surveillance
- Laptop computer display or remote wireless command center
- Multiple trailers controlled by a single C2 center
- Heavy duty or ruggedized military off-road design, deck height 26 to 36 inches
- Steel construction, electric brakes
- Four manually extended outriggers
- Environmentally controlled enclosure mast
- Telescoping locking pneumatic mast
- Operational heights (30-130 feet)
- Guyed survivability up to 80 mph wind
Video Sensor Systems
- Dual pan and tilt platforms
- Color day/night 35x zoom video camera with electronic image stabilization
- Infrared thermal or infrared illuminated camera
- Other camera systems available
Displays and Data Monitoring
- Digital Video Recorder with removable HD
- Simultaneous MPEG-4 and MJPEG transmission and multimode recording
- MJPEG & MJPEG-4 formats at 4CIF, 2CIF, CIF, or QCIF resolution, user defined compression
- Video analytics available upon request
- Laptop with joystick control provided for local monitoring and control
Wireless or VSAT Communications
- Wireless communications via 802.11 wireless or CDMA cellular modem
- VSAT available for satellite communications
- Remote management and configuration
- Certified for hazardous environments
- Quiet gasoline- or LP-fueled generator
- Run time approximately 36 hours for gasoline; various for LP
- Uninterruptible power supply
- SAIC surveillance trailer systems can be utilized as stand-alone locally operated surveillance systems or they can be integrated wirelessly into an array of surveillance trailers to provide sensor data to and controlled by a central command and control center.
- Optional additional features include a weather station, multiple day image data storage capacity, long- range enhanced cameras, enhanced radar, and automated target detection and tracking with video or infrared.
- STS sensor systems can be powered either by an onboard power system or by the local power grid maximizing deployable locations.
- SAIC's national security efforts reach across all branches of the military and support the full spectrum of military operations.
- As a leading provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and products to all branches of the U.S. military, agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and other U.S. Government civil agencies, SAIC bring solid expertise to integrated surveillance products.
Read more about the Surveillance Trailer Systems designed for maritime and land surveillance and security applications.
Improved Situational Awareness for Improved Mission Success
Security and surveillance solutions give real-time visibility into your surroundings, so you know exactly what's happening and where.
Surveillance for Afghanistan Peace-Keeping
Thanks in part to a surveillance system quickly integrated and fielded by an SAIC team, U.S. Army troops were able to keep an eye on Taliban activities in Afghanistan, thwart enemy plans to attack a U.S. forward operating base (FOB), and confiscate two Taliban flags—all without using a weapon.
Customization of Needs
SAIC has developed a sophisticated system to improve situational awareness, contribute to better employment of forces, and act as a deterrent to enemy forces customized to fit the specific requirements of each U.S. forward operating base (FOB) with all-weather detection and assessment capabilities up to several kilometers beyond a base, depending on the surrounding topography.
We have extensive experience with the component agencies of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and have worked hand in hand with our agency customers to meet their important training, technical, and strategic requirements.
SAIC was awarded a contract by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SSC Pacific) to provide systems engineering, software development, test and evaluation, and program management services in support of ocean surveillance systems. SSC Pacific is the Navy's premier research, development, test, and evaluation laboratory for command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.