When the mission is critical, all options have to be on the table.
SAIC is a leading technology integrator that provides full lifecycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC's deep-domain knowledge and customer relationships enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex government and commercial projects.
Our services include:
- System design, development, and testing
- Technology and equipment platform integration
- Technical documentation preparation
- Technologies and solutions for marine environments
SAIC Innovation Transforms Platform Integration
By leveraging our entire organization, we can deliver best-in-class solutions faster and at better cost. Our approach transforms the way platform upgrades and integration are done.
Connecting all the dots.
SAIC offers premier process improvement services, systems engineering, software development, hardware development, and production to government and commercial organizations.
Ingenuity to Sustain and Modernize Your Operations
Designed for the U.S. Marine Corps, the SAIC Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) 1.1 supports expeditionary operations no matter the mission. Our ACV 1.1 is an enhanced 8x8 wheeled, armored, amphibious vehicle with improved mobility that protects Marines. Together with teammate ST Kinetics, we have developed a solution that expands the maneuver space across littoral, land, and inland water environments.
- Our ACV 1.1 provides mobility on land and in water. Features include:
- Optimized size balances lift requirements and embarkation footprint maximizes surface connector and self-deployment landing plans to lighten the Marine Air Ground Task Force
- Independent suspension system offers enhanced ground mobility and improved ride quality for Marines over the roughest terrain
- Seats 11 embarked Marines and 3 crew members
- Automated inflation and deflation of tires to accommodate varying terrain on the move
- Skid steering and large-footprint, off-road tires enhance maneuverability
- In water operations, hydraulically driven propulsion systems with fully independent thrust ensures safe swim at sea state 3 and six-foot plunging surf
- Improved underbody armor and blast-mitigating seats to withstand conventional mine and IED attacks
- Force protection improvements enable ship-to-shore swim at full protection level with full combat load
- For more than 10 years, SAIC has modified and upgraded armored vehicles for the Department of Defense, ensuring warfighters are protected during combat while securing command and control and repair capabilities.
A Modern Marine Vehicle Solution
For the U.S. Marine Corps, SAIC is equipping legacy Assault Amphibious Vehicles (AAVs)- known as "Amtracks"- with Survivability Upgrades (SU) to better protect the next generation of Marines for an additional 20-plus years of service to the fleet. We delivered the first prototype AAV SU in March 2016, one of 10 initial vehicles to undergo rigorous testing before the full fleet of USMC AAVs will be modernized.
- AAV SU is a modernized tactical vehicle that will ensure the USMC maintains their forcible entry capability from sea and on land. Features include:
- Armor protection on its underbody and crew compartment
- Buoyant ceramic-composite flank and roof armor
- Individual blast-resistant seats and integrated spall liner, with a combat capacity of 18 embarked Marines and 3 crew members
- Upgraded engine with increased horsepower and torque
- New electronically controlled transmission and Power Takeoff
- New axial-flow water jets and external fuel tanks
- Upgrades vehicle controls and driver interfaces
- Our solution is changing the way vehicle upgrades are managed for our armed forces.
- As a services integrator, we combine our employees' mission understanding and innovation with technologies from industry teammates to provide optimized technical solutions as an alternative to original equipment manufacturers.
Reduce time and cost through efficient engineering and development
Engineering solutions with sophisticated architectures demand advanced integration know-how. SAIC’s model-based systems engineering (MBSE) marks a new generation of our interdisciplinary approach to systems engineering and integration, using a customized array of visual modeling techniques, advanced analysis and optimization tools, and data sharing and project management capabilities, especially for large projects. Our MBSE also leverages concurrent and collaborative workflows between our engineering disciplines to achieve greater design synthesis and solve complex engineering challenges faster.
Compared with the consecutive, iterative workflows and document-based approaches used in traditional systems engineering, our MBSE capabilities maximize internal collaboration, resource sharing, and efficiency, enabling SAIC to deliver higher-quality solutions for customers.
- Data and knowledge capture tools allow reuse of the best solution architectures, product designs, and engineering practices, accelerating development and time to completion
- Cross-discipline engineering and development approach avoids late-stage integration flaws, reducing risk
- Endless application on any kind of hardware or software system design
- Manages complexity and controls cost of large-scale engineering and integration projects
- SAIC is a longtime systems engineering and technical assistance leader in the federal services market, with numerous Department of Defense and intelligence community customers.
- We are performing complex systems engineering and platform integration on programs including the SAIC Amphibious Combat Vehicle 1.1 prototype for the U.S. Marine Corps.
Solve today's engineering problems with tomorrow’s technology.
We develop leading-edge technologies that help solve the complex problems facing our military forces. For example, we are exploring solutions to better protect combat vehicles from rocket-propelled grenades and other threats. We successfully demonstrated an electromagnetic (EM) armor system that helps protect a combat vehicle's flank and are working on making EM armor and electric weapons lighter in weight, more mobile, and more fuel-efficient in a systems integration laboratory we helped build and operate.
Process Improvement & CMMI Support
SAIC provides a wide variety of process improvement (PI) consulting, training, and appraisal services that are associated with the Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration℠ (CMMI®) for Development (CMMI-DEV) and Services (CMMI-SVC) and industrywide Lean and Six Sigma® practices.
Prototyping and Verification Testing
SAIC provides services in building, fabrication, testing, evaluating and operating reduced and full-scale models, mock-ups, prototypes, pre-production units and research and development (R&D) test tools of electronic and electro-mechanical systems and system elements. We fabricate and build replacement parts and equipment for fielded systems or platforms using traditional materials, as well as new composite materials.
- Design and testing innovation and reassurance of performance
- Assurance of quality process
- Assurance of quality outcomes
- SAIC's PI practitioners are not only recognized by the SEI as experts in providing key PI services (i.e., certified), but more importantly, they have been successful in implementing PI processes within our own organizations.
- SAIC is an official member of the SEI's Partner Network (i.e., an SEI Partner) and can deliver official CMMI services.
- Our consultants, instructors, and appraisers have experience in industry best practices for implementing process improvement concepts, which is paramount when considering the potential for resource-consuming false starts that can be made when implementing a PI program or simply defining a business process.
Take operations to the battlefield or boardroom intact.
Integrated Global Command and Control System
SAIC is the company that "pulls it all together" for U.S. forces and their allies. For example, as the lead integrator for the Global Command and Control System (GCCS), we help give warfighters an integrated picture of the battlespace and provide commanders with greater capabilities to deploy a U.S. fighting force around the globe at any time and provide the force with the information and direction to complete its mission.
As the military's key command, control, computing, communications, and intelligence (C4I) system, the GCCS uses the Defense Information Infrastructure Common Operating Environment (DII COE) to support joint-warfighting needs. SAIC contributes to the GCCS efforts with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which supports senior levels of command, such as the National Command Authority and Joint Staff, Joint Task Force Commanders and service components, and Marine Corps' Chemical/Biological Warfare Incident Response Force.
Technical Data Package Development
SAIC provides customers with the engineering expertise required to prepare and ensure that the detailed technical data documentation—paper, electronic (digital), or interactive computer systems—necessary to support system development reflects the latest design, configuration, integration, and installation concepts.
SAIC’s platform integration team helps put the latest command, control, communications, computers, combat systems, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems into the hands of the people who defend and protect our country. SAIC’s system engineering and integration work supports shipboard, airborne, and portable C5ISR systems, as well as those installed in military tactical vehicles.
SAIC helps support the development and integration of critical communication systems and software that interface with aircraft for surveillance, anti-surface warfare, targeting, counter-drug operations, anti-submarine warfare, search and rescue, and special operations.
Off-the-Shelf or Customized Hardware
SAIC’s rugged hardware offerings provide a range of commercial off-the-shelf equipment, as well as specialized custom-designed solutions, for installation into harsh tactical and industrial environments. Our range of products include: Quicklock Cargo Restraint System, Passive LINK Tap (PLT), 1RU 8 Circuit Rugged Power Distribution Assembly (PDA), 1RU Fixed Expansion Chassis, 2RU Rugged cPCI Chassis High-Security Firewall System, Rugged Large liquid-crystal display (LCD) Color Flat Panel Displays (FPDs), Rugged Small LCD FPDs, Neptune 2 Rack Unit Workstation Consoles, and Rugged TigerShark Workstation Consoles.
- Trusted expertise
- Critical technical documentation
- The latest technology integration
- Proven resilience
- Leverages deep customer mission understanding with world-class engineering.
- SAIC is consistently ranked among the top federal systems integration contractors.
- SAIC leads several significant projects that bring leading-edge, DII COE-compliant technologies to the GCCS community.
- Our approach covers all aspects of platform integration, including platform modifications and upgrades.
- We have a flexible facilities approach, including extensive use of government depots and facilities.
Keep your land forces moving.
SAIC plays a key role in rapidly delivering the high-priority, lifesaving Mine-Resistant-Ambush-Protected (MRAP) vehicles to soldiers and marines. The MRAP family of vehicles provides operating forces with multiple mission-role platforms that are capable of mitigating IED, underbody mine, and small arms fire (SAF) threats, which is the greatest casualty producers in terrorist attacks. SAIC's support team fills a critical role in troop protection by integrating electronic equipment into these vehicles and transporting them to the field to ensure our troops have the best equipment available.
Expeditionary Decision Support System (EDSS)
The Expeditionary Warfare Decision Support System (EDSS), from SAIC, is a computer program that helps an amphibious landing force plan and execute all phases of an operation. It can be used to plan everything from a traditional large-scale amphibious assault to a Force Recon rubber boat raid.
Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Ashore Program Systems
SAIC performs preventive and corrective maintenance to sustain all Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Ashore Systems. We provide centralized, comprehensive, lifecycle sustainment support for all the hardware, software, firmware and cabling, or other signal and data transmission subsystems necessary that enable systems to function as intended.
U.S. Marine Corps Marine Personnel Carrier (MPC) program
SAIC provides ground vehicle integration, design, production, fielding, and support expertise to field and deliver to U.S. Marine infantry formations an advanced-generation, eight-wheeled armored personnel carrier. The MPC is a highly protected and swim-capable vehicle, with requirements shaped to provide a balance of performance, protection, and payload to ensure it is effective across the full range of military operations.
- Best-in-class and the latest in protection and support for operating forces
- Strong support for anti-terrorism efforts
- Effective performance, protection, and payload
- SAIC supports the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center Charleston (SSCC)'s task to prototype, integrate, and logistically support command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems for MRAP vehicles for the Joint Program Office (JPO).
- The combination of SAIC's systems engineering and integration expertise and our capabilities as a leader in C4IT, engineering, and logistics support offer a full range of resources to help solve our customers' most difficult mission challenges.
Keep your operations and your networks afloat.
For over three decades, SAIC has been developing technologies, engineering solutions, systems, and tools for maritime markets.
Today, we are meeting even more challenges related to maritime operation:
- Supporting the expansion of the international telecommunications networks.
- Mapping the ocean floor.
- Creating early warning systems for tsunamis.
- Developing a better understanding of underwater acoustics.
- Helping to engineer new sensor and weapon systems for the U.S. Navy.
- Developing and deploying integrated sensor systems to help monitor climate change and the health of the oceans.
- Providing marine engineering and technical support for maritime operations throughout the world's oceans.
- Deploying underwater unexploded ordnance (UXO) solutions.
SAIC uses its expertise to provide productive solutions to the long-posed singular challenges that often accompany expanding commerce, fishing, and successful naval actions.
- Insight for exploration and protection
- Next-generation development with proven processes and expertise
- Enhanced communications
- SAIC's experts bring the breadth of experience required to address the world's most complex engineering challenges in high-risk environments, such as those found in the oceans and maritime operations.
- We use advanced analysis methods, tools, and capabilities to assess system characteristics and capability throughout the project lifecycle to assist in key engineering and program decisions.