Driven by a Passion to Give Back.
At SAIC, employees contribute to solutions that change the world in real and measurable ways. Our Core Values of integrity, mission understanding, empowerment, and creativity are evident in our actions every day. Just as our people give their best to support our customers' missions, they bring the same passion and performance to volunteerism and community engagement. Through our emerging Citizenship program, employees contribute to national organizations as part of strategic philanthropy efforts; give back to the communities where they live and work as part of community relations; and demonstrate corporate responsibility with a commitment to environmental, sustainability, and outreach efforts.
SAIC Citizens in Action
Our employees donated over 100,000 volunteer hours in 2016 in their local communities by giving back to our service members, veterans, and their families; promoting health and wellness; reducing our carbon footprint; and cultivating childhood education. Watch a video of our 2016 citizenship acitivities. Watch the Video
Making a difference.
SAIC's Citizenship initiative focuses on customer affinity, employee engagement through volunteerism, recruitment and retention, and goodwill. Many of our efforts demonstrate our ongoing support for service members and their families.
Wherever they live or work, SAIC employees are volunteering and making positive impacts within their communities. Community Relations focuses on nonprofit organizations in local communities where our customers and employees live and work. Our employees dedicate countless hours to organizations that support our military, veterans, and their families, as well as educational and other local organizations.
Some examples of our Community Relations efforts include:
- USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore (USO-Metro)
- Luke's Wings (Bethesda, Maryland)
- Wave Warriors Surf Camp (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center (Huntsville, Alabama)
- Toys for Tots®
- San Diego Fleet Week
Philanthropy is the center of SAIC's core values. As a company with a social conscience, our ongoing efforts contribute to the tradition of giving. SAIC's enterprise approach to philanthropy allows us to partner with national nonprofit organizations aligned with our customers and strategy. The importance of these organizations' missions is proven through the roles SAIC executives fulfill on the boards of a number of these organizations as well as our employees' countless volunteer hours.
During 2013-2015, SAIC supported these strategic philanthropies:
- Operation Homefront
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
- The Mission Continues
- Feeding America
- 2015 Fairfax World Police and Fire Games
We recognize that greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are an important metric in gauging overall environmental impact and are committed to mitigating any negative impacts it may have by tracking, reporting, and reducing the company's emissions. As part of the March 2015 presidential executive order and associated federal sustainability fact sheet, SAIC has set a GHG reduction goal of 15 percent by 2025, over the 2014 base year emissions.
- Calendar year (CY) 2017 GHG emissions from facilities operationally controlled by SAIC were approximately 10,092.3 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (MTCO2e)
- CY 2016 GHG emissions from facilities operationally controlled by SAIC were approximately 11,748.9 MTCO2e
- CY 2015 GHG emissions from facilities operationally controlled by SAIC were approximately 15,388 MTCO2e
- CY 2014 GHG emissions were adjusted from previously reported 11,952 MTCO2e to 15,790 MTCO2e to include Scitor Corporation, which was acquired by SAIC in May 2015.
These results, which include Scope I and Scope II emissions, were determined following the method outlined in The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, A Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.